Our Pre-Academy is open to players with birth years 2012-2018. There will be 10 sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays, and Fridays (if any make up days are needed.) Depending on number of participants, we may split into 2 time slots, with the first beginning at 4:30pm. It will begin on April 3rd, and take place at Summerwood Park (behind Bristow Middle School) in Brentwood. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Athletes will need to bring soccer shorts, socks, shin guards and cleats to each session. Please also come with enough water/liquids to stay cool and hydrated during early evening sessions.
Pre-Academy is developed for our younger players and players who are new to soccer.
Our program focuses on the fundamentals of the game, and is mostly skills & drills based. There are no actual teams or games, but the players are grouped together age-appropriately, and they do scrimmage against each other. This helps the players get used to the game without some of the stressors that sometimes deter the younger players.
Here are just a few core fundamentals that the players will learn over the sessions:
- How to Juggle a soccer ball.
- How to Dribble with the inside of the foot using both their left and right.
- How to Dribble with the laces of the foot using both their left and right.
- How to Pass with the inside of the foot using both their left and right.
- How to take a Placement Shot with the inside of the foot using both their left and right.
- How to take a Power Shot with the laces of the foot using both their left and right.
Within each of these core fundamentals each coach has broken the skills down piece by piece to properly teach the players how to perform each skill the correct way.
Our academy is taught by experienced coaches and elite-level competitive player assistants, who employ exciting techniques to help each player get touches on the ball.
Spring Pre-Academy prices are new - $175/per player!